The following proteins were mentioned in the animation:
- P-selectin (complementary fragments: 1FSB and 1KJD (theoretical))
- PAF (Card domain of APAF in process, #2YGS)
- ICAM-1 (in process, #1D3E and 1D3I)
- L 2
integrin (integrin 2,
I fragment, #1AOX)
- Leukocyte Migration and Inflammation (Chapter 15) in R. A. Goldsby, T. J.
Kindt, and B. A. Osborne. Kuby Immunology, 4th edition, W. H. Freeman
and Co., pp. 371-393 and 366-7, 2000.
- H. Lodish, A. Berk, S. L. Zipursky. P. Matzudaira, D. Baltimore and J. Darnell.
Molecular Cell Biology, 4th edition, W. H. Freeman and Co., pp. 972-3,
- J. P. Girard and T.A. Springer. High endothelial venules (HEVs): specialized
endothelium for lymphocyte homing, Immunology Today 16: 449-457,
- K. Ebnet and D. Vestweber. Molecular mechanisms that control leukocyte extravasation:
the selectins and the chemokines. Histochemistry and Cell Biology 112,
- D. Vestweber and J.E. Blanks. Mechanisms that regulate the function
of the selectins and their ligands. Physiological Reviews 79:181-213,
- Imai, Y et al. Nature 361:555-557, 1993.
Derived from H. Lodish, et al., Molecular Cell Biology text and CD-ROM, 4th
edition, © 2000 W. H. Freeman and Co. and Sumanas, Inc.
Virginia Scofield, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA.